Thursday 13 November 2008

Ben Amos Bio

Young Manchester United goalkeeper Amos was born just down the road in Macclesfield.

Amos has impressed for the club's youth ranks but is still some way from making any impression on the first team.

Ben told United's official website: 'When I was at Crewe I played in goal for them and outfield for a local team. It got to the last game of the season and we had to beat the top-of-the-table side to win the league.

'I'd been playing centre midfield all season for the local team, but our goalkeeper got injured so I went in goal. We got a penalty and I'd been our penalty taker all season, so I went up and took it. We won 3-2 and won the league.

'When I got in the car to go home, my mum and dad told me a United scout wanted to take me for trials. But I nearly hadn't made that game at all. We got lost trying to find the ground. We were about to give up and go home, but we somehow stumbled across it.'

He is an England youth international.

No comments: